During this Covid-19 pandemic, Physiotherapy treatment continues to be guided and advised by our professional body (HCPC) and trade union (CSP) in accordance with Government advice.
At present all patients are triaged remotely (online or on the phone) in order to complete Covid-19 screening and risk assessment before any face to face appointment is made.
Thorough steps have been taken in the interest of safety for any face-to-face appointment, as listed below:
- No more than 3 people will be allowed in the breakout area at any one time to comply with social distancing guidance.
- No more than 1 person will be allowed into the toilets at any one time.
- Equipment and furniture will be cleaned and sanitised pre and post all patient contacts and regularly throughout the working day.
- Seating will be arranged at a distance in line with social distancing guidance.
- Appointments will be staggered to allow a minimum of 15 minutes cleaning time between patients.
- All patients/family members/chaperones are asked to wear a face mask when in the building.
- Patients are asked to attend appointments on their own where possible, one family member or chaperone will be allowed to attend with the patient if necessary.
- Patients are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
- Patients are asked to use hand sanitiser on entry and exit to the building.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to all patients in the clinic room.
- All payments will be made by bank transfer.
- All written correspondence will be sent and received electronically.
- Patients are asked to bring their own water bottles.
- Patients should adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- All patients will be screened for Covid-19 remotely before any face to face appointment is made.
- Patients will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms prior to each face to face appointment – any patient with a temperature over 37.8 degrees will have their appointment rescheduled.
- PPE will be worn at all times during face to face appointments – the minimum being a facemask, gloves and gown.
- Physiotherapists will wash their hands and use sanitiser pre and post any patient contact and at regular intervals throughout the day.
- A ‘Remote First’ approach to treatment will continue.
- Staff will self-screen for Covid-19 symptom prior to the first patient contact on every working day.
- Staff will adhere to social distancing guidance at all times.
Based at Clifton Moor, York, my clinic is accessible from the city and outer ring-road (A1237), appointments are available
throughout the day, into the evenings and even on weekends, with home sessions and online physiotherapy available for these times of need.